Monday, November 30, 2009

Can you put flash files on myspace?

I want to put this game called "Where's an Egg" on my myspace space, but I don't know how



http://www.videlectrix.com/wheresanegg.h...



Can you put flash files on myspace?

To answer your first question: yes, you can put Flash files on Myspace, but they end up screwing up your page sometimes. Myspace isn't really meant for Flash. I put a Flash glitter image on my page once and before then I had a Flash Mario Bros game on my page, and both times, it made it so viewers couldn't scroll up and down, so they had to click and drag the side bar, and both made my music player stop working, and on many of my friends' computers, my page just froze up altogether.



I can't really explain WHY Flash screws up Myspace, but it does. That was awhile ago though, maybe they fixed it since then. When you posted the link, I was assuming that the code for the game was listed below it like on most Myspace sites, but I realized when I went to play it that it's not a Myspace code site and therefore doesn't give an HTML code, which makes it more complicated to add to your profile. So here's what I did... (Note: your friends will not be able to play the game ON your page, they will need to click the picture or text and play it on the actual website.) You can do this in the future with just about anything.



1. "Take a picture" of the computer screen with the game open using the Print Screen key ("Prt Sc" above Backspace).



2. Open Microsoft Paint (Start%26gt;All Programs%26gt;Accessories) and paste the image there and crop out just the image of the game.



3. Upload the image onto a site like Photobucket.com which gives a URL for the image which you need to make the code with.



4. Set up a basic HTML code (HTML is a little complicated, but the more you use it, you WILL get used to it and it will make much more sense).



The code is set up like this:



%26lt;a href="link to website"%26gt;%26lt;img src="URL Photobucket gives for the picture"%26gt;%26lt;br%26gt;Where's an Egg%26lt;/a%26gt;%26lt;br%26gt;%26lt;br%26gt;



Here's the code you need, but I have a feeling Yahoo! will screw it up since the websites are too long:



%26lt;a href="http://www.videlectrix.com/wheresa... src="http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a3... an Egg%26lt;/a%26gt;%26lt;br%26gt;%26lt;br%26gt;



{Yea, they did, I emailed you the code instead, lets hope that works.}



When URLs are too long on Yahoo!, they just cut it short and put "..." which breaks the code. If it doesn't work, I'll try and email you the code and all you have to do is copy and paste it.



(When you put this on your profile, your friends will see the image of the game, and when they click on it to play, it will take them to the game's website and they will have to play it there.)



If you don't want to put it on your profile like this, you can always post it in a bulletin for your friends to play...



Sorry I can't find out how to put the URL into a code for you to make it work right on your page... I tried to use a code for another game and just change the necessary details, but it didn't work because I don't have the file name for "Where's an Egg", only the website...



PS: For future reference, if you have a Flash code you want to put on your page, make sure you test it. Look at your page, make sure everything works right. Then add the Flash image or game's HTML code anywhere in the Edit Profile area, wait a minute or two, and then check your page again and see if everything works the way it's supposed to when the game is done loading.



----------------



Haha! I played the game! I can't read anything it says (what language is it anyway?). But it was a really cool game! I enjoyed it. I'm gonna go play it again lol. Thanks for the link!



Can you put flash files on myspace?

Lol, you're welcome! Report It

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
chaep web hosts