Thursday, December 24, 2009

I did not download a game site, but yet I got a virus from games that came from Zanga. What can I do

I opened up my yahoo, Made my daughter a myspace,then I signed her out. After doing so and I tried doing a search through the Yahoo search bar it would not let me. Everytime I tried a search took me to the same page and did not look like a yahoo browser page. So I then had to use the search bar on my Verizon /Yahoo search bar to get what i wanted. Then after shutting down my yahoo, My spyware software detected that there was a virus and it had attached to many of my windows files. The file path for the virus came from VXgames and was a Xanga file. I contacted Zanga and they said it was not them that they did research and there were a difference between Zanga/Zango. Which my software said Zanga not Zango. They then sent me an e-mail telling me I should come here to try and resolve or get answers on what I should do. They said it was a virus that slows down your computer drastically. What should or can I do to remove it? And can this be myspace or both them and Yahoo?



I did not download a game site, but yet I got a virus from games that came from Zanga. What can I do to remove

Scan your computer for free with BitDefender's online virus scan. They are one of the leading anti-virus products and it will allow you to clean or remove the virus.



BitDefender Online Scanner is a fully functional antivirus product, but you will need to get an anti-virus program. If you want a free anti-virus I recommend in order of popularity, but please choose the right one for you (install only one):



1. AVG Free



a. A simple interface (easier to use than Avast! and Avira)



b. Can detect about 82.82% of viruses



Cons: low virus detection



2. Avast!



a. Real-time protection



b. It has an option to delete a virus once found



c. Can detect about 87.46% of viruses.



Cons: Too many icons and confusing user interface



3. Avira AntiVir



a. It can detect malware better than Avast and AVG



b. It's cute umbrella icon



c. Can detect about 94.26% of viruses



Cons: A very sluggish update

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
chaep web hosts